Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Seven Subs, Coolidge Corner, Brookline

Boston is chock full of delicious tasty treats including such decadent delights as foie gras, soft shell crab, and truffles.  However we also have some great little eateries that won't cost you an arm and a leg to dine at.  One of my favorites sits on a quiet side street, in the heart of bustling Coolidge Corner, and it is serving up some darn tasty sandwiches.  You might walk right past Seven Subs if you didn't know it was there- a simple set up of an order window and a door for the employees to walk in and out of.  The inside is simple as well- room for just two employees to work.  The sandwiches though that they are producing are some mighty delicious and fun creations.

We stumbled on this place some months back and since it has become a go to for quick and easy meals, that as soon as someone utters the phrase- Seven Subs, my ears perk up and I immediately ditch any other meal time plans that I had.  Most of their sandwiches can be made into a wrap or a sandwich- both come in a variety of flavors. My personal favorite?  A B.L.A.S.T- Bacon, lettuce, avocado, sprouts and tomato in a whole wheat wrap.  Honestly-there is nothing better than a bite filled with crispy bacon (never soggy here!), creamy avocado, and refreshing lettuce.  This is one of those sandwiches that A Boston Food Diary was based on as I am always sad when I finish one of these puppies.  I am equally upset whey somehow Seven Subs runs out of Avocado and I cannot have my beloved B.L.A.S.T.  Luckily though they have so many other types- and the menu is doctored up with icons indicating the healthier choices, vegetarian options, and the ones that are obviously delicious and indulgent- the ones that they broil for that wonderful melted cheese affect.  Dangerous. 

Next time you are in the Coolidge Corner area and looking for a quick bite- I urge you to check out Seven Subs- just walk right up to the window next to the cheerful yellow door and order yourself a sandwich.  If the weather is nice settle into their outdoor patio located next to the kitchen and enjoy yourself a nosh of a freshly prepared sandwich! 

Seven Subs on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Aimee said...

i didn't eat here enough when i lived in coolidge corner (damn you paris creperie) but you have renewed my fond feelings for 7subs. great place to see cute dogs in the summer drooling over sandwiches, and so close to the farmers market on thursdays!

Restaurant Reviews: A dead art?

Last December I declared 2023 the year I would return to food writing.  It was a bold statement (even now as I look at my last published dat...