Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kickass Cupcakes Giving Back to Rosie's Place

Photo Cred- Kickass Cupcakes
Have I talked to you guys before about my love affair with Kickass Cupcakes?  I know that I've mentioned some of the fun new products they've launched and how they were featured on the Food Network's Kid In A Candy Store.  Well today, I wanted to bring you news of a promotion that they are holding this week that I think is pretty incredible.

If you are from the Boston area, you are probably acquainted with a woman's shelter known as Rosie's Place.  Founded in 1974, Rosie's Place provides housing, meals, support, and assistance for job placement for homeless women.  The work that they do is truly life changing.  They are called upon often for long term support, and in emergency situations.  They assist women in getting back on their feet when disaster has struck.  Their mission is clear- tp provide an "oasis of hope and nourishment at Rosie’s Place".

Well this week, Kickass Cupcakes is doing what they can to support the great Rosie's Place.  Sara Ross, owner of Kickass Cupcakes, has created the Raspberry Rose Cupcake, a limited edition treat offered just this week, and all proceeds from the sale of these cupcakes will go directly to Rosies Place.

So what is a Raspberry Rose Cupcake?  A vanilla based and filled with a rose scented raspberry jam center with raspberry frosting.  These will be sold all week long, both at the Davis Square store location, and on board the Kickass Cupcake Truck (schedule below).  So head on over to your favorite source and pick up one of these amazing cupcakes!

Monday:
Berkeley Street & Columbus Avenue, 3pm- 10pm

Tuesday:

Washington Street & West Dedham Street, 11am-2:45pm,

Peters Park, 3pm-9pm

Wednesday:

Berkeley Street & Columbus Avenue, 11am- 10pm

Thursday:

Clarendon St. between Newbury & Boylston, 3-10pm

Friday:

Boylston St. Boston Public Library, 3-10pm

Saturday:

Commonwealth Ave. near Kenmore Square, 11am-2:30pm

Clarendon Street, 3-10pm

Sunday:

Commonwealth Avenue near Kenmore Square, 11am-2:30pm

Clarendon Street, 3-10pm
 
For more information please visit: www.kickasscupcakes.com

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The cupcake is so pretty! I'm definitely a fan of kickass and this is very cool of them

Melissa said...

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard about the Rosie's Place special cupcake but I'll make a point to stop by the truck or store today to buy a couple. I love hearing about these types of partnerships.

Restaurant Reviews: A dead art?

Last December I declared 2023 the year I would return to food writing.  It was a bold statement (even now as I look at my last published dat...